Mom SHOP Monday (with TreacherCreatures)


Are you looking to add some vibrant color and fun to your life?  Maybe your child needs a special, one of a kind, friend to love?  Look no further than the whimsical creations of TreacherCreatures on Etsy!
Dawn, the shop owner,  has created a magical zoo full of adorable creatures; and she accepts custom orders to make you something extra special.

I asked Dawn a few questions about her unique designs and motherhood.  Here's what she had to say:


What made you decide to become a SAHM?
When our daughter was born I decided I wanted to stay at home and have remained so even since she started school so that I could meet her from school and have as much time with her as possible whilst she grew up. I took the opportunity to pursue my creative passions which initially were painting and now include sewing.

How do you find time to create while you have your child at home with you?
Now our daughter is at school I have more time but even when she is home I find we can both pursue our own interests whilst spending time together. My daughter will play around me whilst I sew and shows a great interest in all things creative herself.


In what ways do you feel your child inspires your work?
Initially I starting making sock animals for my daughter, who has quite a collection, and I would make the animals that I knew she would love. Now she helps me decide what animals to try next and gives them all names for me. She is a very good critique of design.


Which is your favorite item in your shop and why?
My sock Flamingo as it was such fun to design and sew and is my favourite colour as well.

What is the best advice that you can give to another SAHM who would like to start up an ETSY shop?
Have a go. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it has motivated me to try new designs and it has definitely fueled my passion for creativity. I have met so many great crafts people and the Etsy Forums are really supportive

Thank you Dawn!  I agree that children can be the best critiques for our work.  I decided to ask my son Daniel which item in your shop was his favorite and he chose three! I guess that proves, even beyond my own testimonial, that your creatures are completely engaging and lovable!

Be sure to check out the other Mom SHOP Monday features you may have missed.  And if you are a stay at home mom with an Etsy shop, please leave a comment below so that I can consider you for upcoming interviews!


hello love designs
piece by peace designs
knitted for ewe




Dawn Treacher  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:41 AM)  

Thank you so much for featuring me. Your article is great.

Unknown  – (June 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM)  

Very neat whimsical items, I forwarded the site and article to a friend as her Relay For Life Team is called the pink flamingos, they may be interested in having a flamingo for their mascot. Also, all the team members have small children and would want to check this site . Good Luck with sales. Interesting interview:)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP