Mom SHOP Monday (with Peace by PEACE Designs)

A stay at home mom to four, Sarah from the Etsy shop “Piece by PEACE Designs” is quite a busy lady!  
Her shop offers beautiful and unique handmade jewelry.  She has some great jewelry sets, including bridal pieces; and until Mother’s Day, 50% of all proceeds in her shop go toward Haiti Relief.  
Shop for a great gift and give to a great cause!

I asked Sarah a few questions about how she balances the nurturing of her children and her craft. Here’s what she had to say:


What made you decide to become a stay at home mom? (SAHM for short)

“For me, there was no real choice to be a SAHM, I always knew I want to be one. I never ever want to miss out on a single part of being a mom (to all four of my kids), the good, the fun, the tantrums and the puke. I love being the one doing it all for them!”

How do you find time to create while you have your children at home with you?

“I find time to create in as many ways as I can. I do it when they're occupied with their toys, once my husband is home and can take over for a while or sometimes I even sit them down to make jewelry (or something else) with me.”

In what ways do you feel your children inspire your work?

“My children inspire me by being who they are. They are why I am at home and the reason I have the time to create. Being a SAHM, I feel like I am not stressed out everyday always trying to fit everything in. I can relax and take it easy with them most of the time and they make me happy. I love it when I see them being creative!”

Which is your favorite item in your shop and why?

“This one is hard! If I have to pick one, my favorite piece in my shop would have to be the Dublin Skies necklace (and bracelet). I love the colors and the bird pendant. I am into long necklaces at the moment and this one is simple but really cute!”
What is the best advice that you can give to another SAHM who would like to start up an ETSY shop?

“The best advice I can give another SAHM who wants to open an Etsy account is to be patient and not give up. There are a lot of great artists on Etsy and it can seem overwhelming. Try to look at it as creating because you love it and any money you make is just an added bonus.”

Such great advice Sarah!  If anyone with four children can find patience, I think anyone can!  

You've seen Sarah's favorite item; HERE is mine
This piece just looks so calming and refreshing.  I can imagine it coordinating with many different outfit styles!  
Remember to check out Piece by PEACE Designs to find something special to call your own!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade  – (April 20, 2010 at 9:37 AM)  

That is a really nice feature/interview. Her jewelry is really special.

M.M.E.  – (April 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM)  

Great interview. I'm not a mother but I think it's important for there to be interviews like this to inspire other SAHMs to be creative and make time for themselves.

hello love designs  – (April 21, 2010 at 6:35 PM)  

Another amazing feature and beautiful jewelry!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP