Mom SHOP Monday (with Knitted for Ewe)


The multi-talented Nicole, of the Etsy shop "Knitted for Ewe" is in the spotlight for today's feature.  I find her shop to be full of colors and textures and can truly see that each piece has a special meaning behind it.  She has some great advice for those of you who are considering opening your own shop. Read about what she has to say:


What made you decide to become a stay at home mom (SAHM for short)
I was a working mum up until my youngest daughter was 6 years old. There were days when we would take off work and kindergarten just so we could spend some time together. When we moved to America to so I could marry my American husband, thats when I became a SAHM. My oldest daughter is now 15 and my younger daughter is 6. I love being there when they get home from school and hearing about their day. Its nice not to worry about if someones going to be home when there's no school or if their sick.

How do you find time to create while you have your children at home with you?
When its something you love to do you simply have to make time to do it. My girls have always loved watching my projects come together and seeing the finished product in the end. My youngest now has a passion for knitting so Im passing it on to another generation. I also love doing nature photography and now my oldest daughter has a passion for photography. I think watching me working on my crafts over the years has inspired my children to be creative so dont just wait until their sleeping, get them involved. 

In what ways do you feel your children inspire your work?
My children inspire my work alot. I love to knit toys because its wonderful to create something a child falls in love with. I know a toy is going to be a hit when while Im working on it, they both want one. I tend to make alot of stuff that their into and the colours that they like so they keep me inspired all the time. 


Which is your favourite item in your shop and why?
My favourite item in my shop is my bright green felted bag with the blue bird. The wool that I used came from a woolen sweater that I unraveled so it really is a labour of love. One of my favourite parts about this bag is the handmade ceramic bird button that I bought from an Etsy shop. I love the way it feels and looks. I also love the combination of the bright green with the blue, I think its a great colour combination.


What is the best advice you can give to another SAHM who would like to start up an Etsy shop?
The best advice I can give to a SAHM who want to open an Etsy shop is to just jump in and give it a go. I thought about it for 3 years before I opened my shop. It took me so long because I kept doubting myself. I wish I hadnt. Just take it one step at a time and plan everything out before you sign up. Planning ahead helped me out alot. The people in the Etsy community are so kind a helpful. Jump in any Etsy chat and you will find plenty of people willing to give you advice and helpful tips. Just give it a go, what do you have to lose?






Want to know what my favorite from Nicole's sweet shop is?  Who can resist Marcel the Mouse?... I know I can't!  Thank you Nicole for your inspirational words, it sounds like someday soon we will be seeing your children's work on Etsy too!

PrairieWindDesigns  – (May 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM)  

Wonderful feature! I love her shop and giving a special shout out for doing a very tough job being a SAHM.

Whitney  – (June 1, 2010 at 1:44 AM)  

Love this post! I am also a SAHM with an etsy shop and I agree you have to make time to do it. I sew when the kids are awake as well as when they're asleep, with many breaks in between! I love it :)

TraceyKnits  – (June 1, 2010 at 8:12 AM)  

great idea! SAHM are more then just babies and grocery shopping. knitted for ewe does us proud :)

cksilver  – (June 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM)  

Gorgeous feature, and lovely products! Great advice!

BedBugg Boutique  – (June 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM)  

Love this post....what a cute blog!
I'm a SAHM too! I'd love to be featured!
Here's my shop and blog:
http://www.bedbuggs.etsy.com/
http://www.bedbuggs.blogspot.com/

lifePOINTimages  – (June 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM)  

Thanks to everyone who commented! Those of you who are SAHM's with Etsy shops... I will keep your wonderful items in mind for future features!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP