Strength and Weaknesses

Some people suffer with a weak stomach, some struggle from weak knees. We all have our limitations, and although I have the ability to eat just about anything (with the exception of bean&bacon soup) without repercussion and walk into most every situation with optimism; I have a problem… a problem with arm strength. If you ask my parents they will tell you the same thing. In fact, any arm strength that I was supposed to be born with skipped me and went directly to my younger sister. And now, with a 28 pound one year old of my own and a couple of jobs that require quite a bit of computer mouse manipulation, these old arms are tired. When I go to bed at night, I can literally feel them pulsing in pain. I’m afraid that carpel tunnel surgery lies somewhere in my future.

If you read my post from the beginning of February, you will remember that my dear grandmother passed away. With her death, she continued her generosity and gave each of her grandchildren a bit of an inheritance. I wanted to buy something with the money that would remind me of her, and honor her. When I first started with my art venture at the end of high-school, my grandma was one of my biggest supporters. In fact, she was the first person to ever buy a piece of my artwork and proudly hung it on her living room wall until the day she went to live in Heaven. She gave me the encouragement and strength to carry on with my art. One of her favorite flowers was a pink rose. So simple, so sweet a flower, it doesn’t require much foliage to make it beautiful.

I have decided that I would like to purchase a tool that will help me with my art. After much review and customer opinions, I have settled on the Wacom Intuos4- Medium. It is the perfect amount of drawing surface and stability. The pen, as compared with a traditional mouse, is supposed to put quite a bit less strain on the arms and wrists, a welcomed relief for my weak appendages. Every single person I have talked to who has one raved about it. The way I see it, every time I use that drawing pad (which will probably be every day) I will be thinking of my grandma and she will continue to support me on my art journey throughout the years. One of the first art projects I hope to create with it will be an image of a pink rose.


T@PoppyPlacePdx  – (March 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM)  

That is truly a beautiful story, :) T.

M.M.E.  – (March 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM)  

I have recently purchased a wacom tablet as well and I know that you'll love it.

Lisa at Visual Journey Photo  – (March 23, 2010 at 5:09 PM)  

Your Grandma sounds like a wonderful person. How fortunate you are to have had her in your life. Your decision to spend the money on your art in order to honor her is beautiful and very touching.

Unknown  – (March 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM)  

How does a parent know they have done something right in their life and also their parents before them? By seeing how the lives of their children & grandchildren- live on with passion , love and respect to those who came before them. You are showing your "passion" for art, your love and respect to both mom (grandma) and dad and me- yes, with the help of God directing us:) You turned out just right:) Love You always and forever-

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP