A bit of Meticulousness

Yes... it IS a word...

me.tic'.u.lous.ness (n)
1. extremely careful and precise
2. extremely or excessively concerned with details


I am starting to feel that most of my work and life involves this.  I can't say that I have gone as far as this Etsy seller ( http://www.thelonebeader.etsy.com/ ), who makes bead art... art out of BEADS! very neat by the way!,








BUT I do my fair share of tedious jobs:

Growing up, I had... we'll call it an obsession... with making sure my bedsheets were completely smooth.  There is just something about a crisp looking bed that starts my day out right.  To this day, I still have to get the bed made immediately and I find myself shopping for new bedsheets and comforters on a regular basis.

Being schooled as an architect, my favorite task was to create models of the buildings that I designed.  All the cuts had to be just perfect, and I would sand the finished product endlessly.


The summer before I got married, I painstakingly created a hand quilted comforter for my husband.  Without a quilting stand, I had to drape the queen sized quilt over my lap while I put on the finishing touches.  Did I mention it was summer? (this isn't the exact quilt, but you get the idea)

When I became a stay at home mom and the dishes started to pile up, I didn't head to the dishwasher.  I like to wash all the dishes... by hand.  Possibly weird, but I KNOW those dishes are clean!
And now, back to the art that I most loved since I was introduced in my junior art class... pointillism/stippling.  I tend to call my art pointillism.  There is just something about the word 'stipple' that just sounds wrong.  But technically, since I don't generally use color most of my art is 'stipple art' (shudder)

I guess it is part of my personality, a big part.  And you know what?  I'm happy being meticulous!

The Lone Beader®  – (March 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM)  

Thank you so much for mentioning me! I love your Dalmatian! Beautiful work! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP