Settling into spring

Living in the Midwest, you have to be very cautious when it comes to this time of year. Spring around here is like an ice cream man. It will lure you outside, and then make you cold. This year has been no exception.

My birthday is coming up in a week, and when Craig asked me what I wanted I had my response all ready to go. NEW patio chairs! I don’t think that I can fully express how much we needed them. Our previous chairs were handed down to us from my parents when we bought our house, and although we were thoroughly grateful at the time, they have deteriorated greatly during the past 5 years we have owned them. The paint was chipping off of the metal and I was afraid that the boys would get cut or that Isaiah would put a paint shard in his mouth. We went as a family to look at some patio sets, which were pretty much out of our price range. Although we couldn’t afford the whole nine yards, we did return home with 4 comfortable and kid safe chairs and a small drink table. I couldn’t be more proud.

While outside enjoying the new furniture, spring fever began to set in and suddenly I realized all the projects that I would ‘like’ to have done this summer. That list includes planting a vegetable garden, finishing the fence and making a paver sidewalk. As I mentioned before, my husband is very handy around the house, which he may think is a curse since I am constantly coming up with ideas for him to set into motion. I casually said to him, “wouldn’t it be nice if we had a little deck area to put this new patio furniture on?” to which he rolled his eyes and responded “yes, that would be nice.” That basically means that a deck isn’t in his immediate plans. Daniel, who was playing nearby, then stated that he would build me the ‘best deck ever’ and set to work immediately.

You just have to love spring and all the possibilities it brings along with it!



Brigittemarie  – (March 26, 2010 at 7:27 AM)  

YES New patio furniture is very exciting :) Warm weather is on its way... And he is so cute!

Valerie  – (March 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM)  

How cute! I remember those days of bundling the little ones up.

Good luck with your projects!

Anonymous –   – (March 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM)  

how sweet...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP