My Simple Studio

Every woman needs a sanctuary, and this is mine! A few weeks ago, I convinced my husband to let me take over the then-guest bedroom in the basement for my Arts & Crafts Studio. We used items that we already had around the house, making this room a very minimal investment. This is the first time since college that I have had a space to call my own, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Take a tour around the room with me:
This is the corner where most the work is done. I have a computer, printer and L-shaped work-space. The awesome picture on the wall was given to me by my older sister. It depicts architecture as art... and since I have a degree in architecture as well as a love for art, it fits the space perfectly!


The second table space is where Daniel gets his 'work' done while we are in the room together. Almost every day we go downstairs while Isaiah is napping. He is learning all types of techniques from watercolor to pastels. My supply cabinets are on either side of the table.

Another supply space. This is an old dresser that we took the drawers out of and made shelves. I covered the plywood shelves with contact paper and dressed them up with colorful tacks. Cleaned out baby food and jelly jars serve as holders for colorful pencils. That masterpiece on the top of the cabinet is Daniel's pastel work.


I covered an old cork-board with colorful blue fabric (left-over from the boys bedroom curtains) and added a bit of black ribbon and daisies, for a girlie touch! See the house image on the upper left-hand corner? It is an 'American Foursquare', similar to our own house, but in much better repair. I am sure that I will discuss our house (and future house plans) in later posts.

I hope that many creative pieces will be produced in the space... for now, it inspires me!

Botanico & Company  – (March 17, 2010 at 7:47 AM)  

Oh how I wish mine was this neat and tidy! I might have been once! haha
Great blog!

Eye Shutter to Think  – (March 17, 2010 at 8:24 AM)  

Love that cork board - great art room :)

Raige Creations  – (March 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM)  

I agree - so neat and tidy!! Inspiration for us messies...I love the brightness too, great job!

Anonymous –   – (March 17, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

It looks very nice and very clean!
I have a requirement for my apartments/houses with my boyfriend...I NEED a studio room. I will not rent/buy if I don't have space. lol
:)

Have fun breaking in the new space, hope you create lots of great things there

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP