Old Shelf: New Purpose

A couple of weeks ago, our local library hosted a silent auction featuring some of the items from the old Carnegie library.  The old library was constructed in 1903, just one year before our house, and I thought it would be neat to own a piece of history.  Up for bid they had refinished chairs, colored glass cups and saucers, antique light fixtures, and this little white painted display shelf.  There was just something about this little shelf that was intriguing, and I wrote my name on the line.  I wasn't sure what I would use it for, but thought that if nothing else it may come in handy at future craft shows to display my artwork.  When I got the call that I had the winning bid, I was excited to bring it home.  After hauling it inside, Craig suggested that it would make a perfect shoe organizer. I agree... it does.


Unknown  – (May 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM)  

COOL!! And good for Craig on thinking of the idea of how to use the display shelf.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP